The Best Mid-Range Hotels
- Maison d'Hanoi (tel. 04/3938-0999; www.hanovahotel.com): This is a stylish hotel in the center of Hanoi, just south of Hoan Kiem, with a compact setup and high standard. An affordable boutique downtown hotel.
- Topas Ecolodge (tel. 020/387-1331; www.topasecolodge.com): Topas Ecolodge has the best mountain and rice paddy views in Sapa. Nestled in a misty valley away from the din of Sapa town, the lodge is also an ideal jumping-off point for treks and hikes.
- Life Resort Hoi An and Quy Nhon (www.life-resorts.com): Whether at the more isolated beachside resort in Quy Nhon (tel. 056/384-0132) or at the fine resort in Hoi An (tel. 0510/391-4555) -- the very closest resort to town -- Life Resort sets a new standard.
- Blue Ocean Resort (Phan Thiet; tel. 062/384-7322; www.blueoceanresort.com): The recent face-lift has done marvels for this resort. Stand-alone bungalows, with balconies overlooking the ocean and private outdoor tubs, are your best bet here. Great spa, too.
- Palace Hotel (Ho Chi Minh City; tel. 08/3824-4231; www.bongsencorporation.com): A recent renovation has left this place with a cool Art Deco look and modern, comfortable rooms. Fold in the ideal downtown location, and this hotel is a real bargain.
- Victoria Chau Doc and Can Tho (www.victoriahotels-asia.com): These two riverside classics are worth the trip. Chau Doc (tel. 076/386-5010) is a renovated old administration building, and Can Tho (tel. 0710/381-0111) is a retrofitted grande dame. Take great day trips and enjoy slow, riverside living.
|Category: Vada Articles | Added by: vada (2014-08-06)